WordCamp US 2019 Speaker Information
Your participation in WordCamp US as a speaker is a volunteer contribution to the WordPress community. Thank you for being willing to share your wealth of knowledge and expertise with our amazing attendees, both in person and on the live stream.
We’re committed to showcasing the best WordPress talks from around the world.
Benefits of Speaking at WordCamp US 2019
- A ticket to WordCamp US
- The opportunity to be heard by a broad audience, in person and on our livestream.
- The warm fuzzy feeling that comes from giving back to your community.
- An invitation to our Volunteer celebration.
The call for speakers closes April 15th 2019 at 11:59pm CDT (-5 GMT). Once the deadline has passed the speaker committee will begin reviewing applications. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their talk/talks in early June. If you submit multiple talks you will only receive one response.
Tips for Submission
We encourage potential speakers to upload more than one pitch, but no more than two submissions will be accepted from an applicant. If you choose to submit more than two, the first two will be the only pitches considered. Be sure your talk description/abstract defines the exact topic you want to talk about and what you hope people will learn from your session.
Part of the mission of WordCamp US is to provide a great experience for all members of the WordPress community. To ensure that we ask speakers to abide by the following:
- Review and agree-to the Code of Conduct
- Provide your slides to the speaker committee one month prior to the event
- Sign the A/V release form